Are you ready to flip pancakes on 16 February 2021?
Pancake Day, or by is proper name Shrove Tuesday, is a special time when families usually gather together around the stove to cook and flip pancakes. Well, this year will be a little different, and Pancake Day will be celebrated only with members of the same household.
Preparing the batter is quick (a simple recipe is provided below) and flipping pancakes can be quite hilarious if too energetic as they might get stuck on the ceiling. So, we recommend you keep a safe approach to this delicious day.
A poll in the UK revealed the classic topping combination of lemon and sugar is the most popular, so what better companion to your pancakes than our refreshing cup of Cool Respite Tea with its bitter leaves, lemon balm (known to aid digestion) and white tea.
Have you thought of savouring one of our other Respite Tea blends? Write to us about your pancake and Respite Tea experience and the best story will be published on our website!
Ingredients for four people
· 250g plain flour
· 500ml milk
· 4 eggs
· 50g of melted butter or a tablespoon of oil
· Put the flour in a bowl with the salt.
· Make a well in the middle and pour in the eggs.
· Start mixing gently. When the mixture becomes thick, add the cold milk little by little.
· When all the milk is mixed, the dough should be fairly fluid. If it seems too thick, add a little more milk or water. Then add the cooled melted butter or oil, mix well.
· Cook the pancakes in a hot pan (lightly oiled as a precaution if your pancake pan is not non-stick). Pour a small ladle of batter into the pan, rotate to distribute the batter over the entire surface. Put on the stove and when the crêpe turns a light golden colour, it's time to turn it or flip it over.
· Leave to cook for about a minute on this side and the pancake is ready.
· Finally, repeat until all the dough is used up.